It’s the most wonderful time of the year and I have a new Christmas recipe for you all. Last year Joan and I collaborated on a super easy No-Bake Christmas Truffle tutorial. This year I wanted to share a recipe I’ve been tinkering with for a few years now. It requires baking, but it’s still pretty easy to make and it’s always a crowd pleaser. They make great gifts for friends and family or a perfect Christmas snack for yourself. Hope you enjoy it!
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries (chopped)
- Milk chocolate kisses (unwrapped)
- Red food coloring (optional)
- Holiday sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 165 degrees C.
- Place the butter into a large mixing bowl.
- Gradually add in the powdered sugar and mix until creamy (about 1 minute)
- Add the salt and stir until well combined.
- Add the cherry juice, almond extract and mix until completely combined.
- Gradually add the flour in three parts and mix thoroughly.
- Add in about 3~4 drops of red food coloring and combine until dough is a solid color.
- Combine the chopped cherries with the mixture.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place them on a baking sheet (2 inches apart).
- Using your thumb, gently press each cookie in its center until it’s about a 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake the cookies for about 7 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly browned.
- Once removed from the oven, allow the cookies to slightly cool then press a chocolate kiss into each cookie’s center.
- The chocolate will completely melt if you place them too soon.
- The chocolate will fall off if you place them too late.
- While the chocolate is soft, add holiday sprinkles.
- This step is optional, but they look extra festive with holiday sprinkles
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.