Homemade Christmas gifts are always a great option when you have a lot of people to cover on your list and baked goods are often the popular choice. Unfortunately, some of us may not have access to the proper baking equipment, ingredients can be pricy and-let’s be honest-baking is not easy for everyone. So I have a cute, cheap and practically fool-proof recipe for you guys! And thanks to my friend, beauty-vloger Joan Kim, we were able to make a step-by-step video to help you along the way. You can check out our video down below and be sure to check out Joan’s Youtube Channel for all your Korean beauty and fashion needs. Happy baking!
- 30 Oreo Cookies
- 200g of Cream Cheese, softened
- 100g of Semi-Sweet Baking Milk Chocolate, melted
- 100g of Semi-Sweet Baking White Chocolate, melted
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Deco Pens
- Put Oreo cookies in a resealable plastic bag and crush them into fine crumbs using a rolling pin.
- (Cookies can also be finely crushed using a food processor or blender.)
- Place cookie crumbs into in a medium bowl.
- Add cream cheese and mix until well blended.
- Roll cookie mixture into balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
- (Refrigerate for 15 minutes if the balls become mushy.)
- Melt chocolate on low heat in a ceramic bowl, 10~15 seconds at a time.
- (You can get creative by using different flavors of chocolate.)
- Dip balls into chocolate until completely coated and place on a wax paper-covered baking sheet.
- Decorate with sprinkles and deco pens.
- (Feel free to get creative with crushed candy canes, colored sugar, etc.)
- Refrigerate until firm (about 1 hour).
- Store leftover truffles in an airtight container and keep them refrigerated until ready to serve.
Pingback: Cherry Chocolate Kiss-Mas Cookies | Seoul Searching